This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [PATCH] Remove -Wabi from libstdc++ build options
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat dot com>
- To: Bernd Edlinger <bernd dot edlinger at hotmail dot de>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org" <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 18:03:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove -Wabi from libstdc++ build options
- References: <AM5PR0701MB26578E72403645BCC2CDD098E44D0@AM5PR0701MB2657.eurprd07.prod.outlook.com>
On 30/06/18 20:48 +0000, Bernd Edlinger wrote:
the -Wabi option prints a warning as follows:
cc1plus: warning: -Wabi won't warn about anything [-Wabi]
cc1plus: note: -Wabi warns about differences from the most up-to-date
ABI, which is also used by default
cc1plus: note: use e.g. -Wabi=11 to warn about changes from GCC 7
This happens many times while building libstdc++, and as the warning
explains, it is good for nothing, so this patch removes it.
Bootstrapped and reg-tested on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.
Is it OK for trunk?
No, I don't think we want to simply remove it.
Maybe https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2018-06/msg00276.html instead?