This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Smart pointer pretty printers
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat dot com>
- To: Juraj Oršulić <juraj dot orsulic at fer dot hr>
- Cc: "libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org" <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 22:10:56 +0000
- Subject: Re: Smart pointer pretty printers
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAEPqvoyhD4+GzZ1rOX_qQ2brQYQH9pwvDKrf-BQ7qeb3F=Y-+Q@mail.gmail.com> <4c6aef27483e44dc9aa409dace8490c8@MAIL.fer.hr> <CAEPqvowthKhzQBkVE7xObfjm9mL_RQTcjoaA01u=onaFQxBkLg@mail.gmail.com> <dcda19be55114256a4a37081e26b90f8@MAIL.fer.hr> <CAEPqvoye3+qE-vfno+QuunLM5=vxwyCTP-kXMt_Qgj1DXwpsJw@mail.gmail.com> <d1a3b9fbc9d54f9f9c8ceef3485cbcea@MAIL.fer.hr> <CAEPqvozC1EFUBfshkaKystfhjGTJExYRtyWYxRmjS_CeCw47Og@mail.gmail.com> <20180109145912.GE5527@redhat.com> <20180109150230.GF5527@redhat.com> <20180109185017.GH5527@redhat.com>
On 09/01/18 18:50 +0000, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On 09/01/18 15:02 +0000, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On 09/01/18 14:59 +0000, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On 04/01/18 11:22 +0100, Juraj Oršulić wrote:
Hi Jonathan (and the libstdc++ list). Can we revive this? I sent the
patches for improving the smart pointer pretty printers in March. They
haven't been reviewed.
Thanks for the reminder. I'm testing the attached patch, which has
been rebased on trunk, but I'm getting test failures for the
I can't see any difference between the expected output and what GDB
prints, so I think it's some DejaGnu or Tcl/Tk oddity. The actual
printer seems to work OK.
No, the problem is that I'm just misreading the results.
I'll finish testing and commit this soon.
I changed the code slightly, so it still works for GDB versions older
than 7.5, which don't have the fix to allow children() to return a
list. There's no easy way to tell if the GDB interpreting the code has
the fix or not.
Thanks very much for the patches, and sorry for the delay reviewing
Tested x86_64-linux, committed to trunk.
I've just realised I didn't put your name in the ChangeLog, sorry!
(I semi-automate my changelog entries, so have to remember to do an
extra step when I'm not the author, or not the sole author).
Fixed with this patch, committed to trunk.
Author: Jonathan Wakely <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tue Jan 9 22:01:20 2018 +0000
Correct earlier ChangeLog entry
Add Juraj Oršulić as original patch author.
diff --git a/libstdc++-v3/ChangeLog b/libstdc++-v3/ChangeLog
index 6c5a2741ba8..88af8ecf37c 100644
@@ -32,7 +32,8 @@
* testsuite/23_containers/unordered_map/insert/83709.cc: New.
* testsuite/23_containers/unordered_set/insert/83709.cc: New.
-2018-01-09 Jonathan Wakely <email@example.com>
+2018-01-09 Juraj Oršulić <firstname.lastname@example.org>
+ Jonathan Wakely <email@example.com>
PR libstdc++/59253 (partial)
* python/libstdcxx/v6/printers.py (SmartPtrIterator): Common iterator