This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [Patch] Implement std::experimental::variant
- From: Tim Shen <timshen at google dot com>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "libstdc++" <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Axel Naumann <Axel dot Naumann at cern dot ch>
- Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 22:12:15 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Implement std::experimental::variant
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAG4ZjNnKxAhg6nNjPFZjoFji50StG9LURa_Wt=OdejLJ=NkSUw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20160516130235 dot GX27545 at redhat dot com>
On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 6:02 AM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>> Currently it's in std::experimental::fundamentals_v1. Is there a
>> better place to put it in?
> The p0088r2 proposal says namespace std, and that's what LEWG advised
> in Jacksonville. Let's add it to namespace std on trunk. We have
> plenty of time to move it to the experimental namespace (although it
> would not be _v1) during GCC 7 stage 1 if the plan changes.
I just realized that <type_traits> doesn't define aliases like
is_same_v, is_default_constructible_v, etc. Are they going to be in
C++17? Should I add them to <type_traits> as well?