This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
gcc 4.8 runtime compat on older machines
- From: Christopher Jones <christopher dot jones at oracle dot com>
- To: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>, jwakely at redhat dot com, Krishna Mohan IV <krishna dot mohan at oracle dot com>
- Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 04:50:49 +1100
- Subject: gcc 4.8 runtime compat on older machines
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I'm working on a C++ project that uses third party code needing a C++
11 compatible compiler. We can use RHEL7 / Oracle Linux 7 with gcc
4.8.2 to build, but not RHEL 6 / Oracle Linux 6 which has gcc 4.4. If
users want to run an RHEL7/OL7-built executable on RHEL6/OL6, is there
any compat package that can be used? Alternatively, is there a clean
way to install gcc 4.8 on RHEL6/OL6?