This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [patch] libstdc++/67747 Allocate space for dirent::d_name
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 20:02:58 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] libstdc++/67747 Allocate space for dirent::d_name
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150929113726 dot GU12094 at redhat dot com> <560E759E dot 2000005 at redhat dot com> <20151002123428 dot GP12094 at redhat dot com> <560EB776 dot 2090504 at gmail dot com> <560EBA49 dot 7050008 at redhat dot com> <560EC0F3 dot 3020705 at gmail dot com> <560EC24D dot 2060309 at redhat dot com> <560EC4A5 dot 9070000 at gmail dot com>
On 10/02/2015 07:53 PM, Martin Sebor wrote:
> Here's the older page:
> With that, I agree that using readdir is thread-safe on Solaris 11.2.
> It is not safe on Solaris 9, and it would not be safe on other systems
> that don't document it as such.
I'm pretty sure the Solaris implementation did not change, only the