Re: [patch] Enable lightweight checks with _GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS.

Hi,

On Mon, 7 Sep 2015, Jonathan Wakely wrote:

> > Interesting.  Is this mode ABI-compatible with the default mode?
>
> Yes, that's the main reason I want to make this change.
>
> > Should _FORTIFY_SOURCE imply _GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS?
>
> Yes, I think it should.

Then at least those assertions that lie in a different big-O complexity
class have to be moved away from _GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS (as hinted in your
initial mail).  Some distros build packages with _FORTIFY_SOURCE, and
while additional asserts seem acceptable, going from constant to linear
(or the like) seems not.

Ciao,
Michael.