This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [patch] Enable lightweight checks with _GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS.
- From: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, François Dumont <frs dot dumont at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 15:14:06 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [patch] Enable lightweight checks with _GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150907182755 dot GP2631 at redhat dot com> <87r3mauiud dot fsf at mid dot deneb dot enyo dot de> <20150907195939 dot GT2631 at redhat dot com>
On Mon, 7 Sep 2015, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> > Interesting. Is this mode ABI-compatible with the default mode?
> Yes, that's the main reason I want to make this change.
> > Should _FORTIFY_SOURCE imply _GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS?
> Yes, I think it should.
Then at least those assertions that lie in a different big-O complexity
class have to be moved away from _GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS (as hinted in your
initial mail). Some distros build packages with _FORTIFY_SOURCE, and
while additional asserts seem acceptable, going from constant to linear
(or the like) seems not.