This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: debug mode symbols cleanup
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat dot com>
- To: François Dumont <frs dot dumont at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org" <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 12:03:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: debug mode symbols cleanup
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55EB562F dot 9090607 at gmail dot com>
On 05/09/15 22:53 +0200, François Dumont wrote:
I remember Paolo saying once that we were not guarantiing any abi
compatibility for debug mode. I haven't found any section for
unversioned symbols in gnu.ver so I simply uncomment the global export.
There is no section, because all exported symbols are versioned.
It's OK if objects compiled with Debug Mode using one version of GCC
don't link to objects compiled with Debug Mode using a different
version of GCC, but you can't change the exported symbols in the DSO.
Your changelog doesn't include the changes to config/abi/pre/gnu.ver,
but those changes are not OK anyway, they fail the abi-check:
=== libstdc++ Summary ===
# of unexpected failures 1