Re: [WIP] Support C++11 <cuchar>

On 20 May 2015 at 15:28, Ed Smith-Rowland wrote:
> I would like to finish it off.
> I would rather not install a broken header.  That's the one thnig that made
> me feel bad about my original patch.
> If I run into trouble I'll ask - I'm weak on auto* stuff.

Great, let me know if I can help. My auto-fu is also weak but
improving recently :-)

> Ed
>
> P.S. Do you know what the committee thought about special functions?
> It looked like they said No.

It was contentious, but we're going to revisit it at the next meeting,
so the proposal isn't dead yet.

> I want to put them in per TR29124 in either case.

Yes, I think we should do that. The functions should only be declared
when the user defines a particular macro, so there is no problem with
unconditionally polluting namespace std when users include <cmath>,
because they'll only get the TR29124 stuff if they ask for it.