Re: mt_allocator.cc assumes sizeof(size_t) == sizeof(void *)

Hi,

On 11/07/2014 04:07 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
Hi

On m32c-rtems, we have a build error in C++ because size_t
is 16-bits and pointers are 24 bits. m32c-elf probably does not
enable __GTHREAD support like rtems does.  Since this is code
shared across targets, what is the best way to fix this?
I don't know the exact opinion of the other library maintainers, but personally I consider mt_allocator an old experiment, which, definitely, to make any sense today would need profound changes. In particular, I don't think we can hope to get something useful from it when size_t is 16 bits and, more importantly, pointers are 24 bits. Thus, my recommendation would be just arranging for its code not to break bootstrap, nothing more than that.