This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [patch] LWG 2019 - std::isblank<C>(C, const std::locale&)
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Tim Shen <timshen at google dot com>
- Cc: "libstdc++" <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 14:42:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] LWG 2019 - std::isblank<C>(C, const std::locale&)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141017094122 dot GR4197 at redhat dot com> <20141020123459 dot GD3033 at redhat dot com> <CAG4ZjN=26F-RynqfrYeMf6HbB2amgbk_Y3cN7SnHxJL-1YE+7A at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAH6eHdQR+HJxnvCrsemSQfxL5pr1n+1NyOMZ=5FOjKSdi5u1zA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20141021122619 dot GJ3033 at redhat dot com> <CAG4ZjNm1Of4XwjAcnkmNPDdVGEzEt98qMN2YXhnKvuaj2D84fw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAH6eHdSOTL_U052R-Z1Huex0Z9AnEcmnPCuiV6hVtz_W5GHNiA at mail dot gmail dot com>
Re-sending as plain text ...
On 22 October 2014 00:15, Jonathan Wakely <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Oct 21, 2014 6:33 PM, "Tim Shen" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 5:26 AM, Jonathan Wakely <email@example.com>
>> > I don't think we can remove _RegexMask entirely, as we still need
>> > special handling for the "w" class, so maybe something like the
>> > attached.
>> > Alternatively we could replace _M_extended with bool _M_under and not
>> > need to do any bitwise operations like _M_extended & _S_valid_mask.
>> I didn't take a deep look, so I'm probably wrong, but
>> <http://cplusplus.github.io/LWG/lwg-defects.html#2018> says that "w"
>> 's Corresponding ctype_base::mask value is ctype_base::alnum and,
>> everyone in Table X has its own builtin mask value.
> The example implementation shows that "w" needs special handling to match
> underscore as well as the members of the alnum class.
>> Also, I use n3376 when I implemented this. I suppose we should update
>> it to the latest version?
> I don't think there are many changes in clause 28 but it would be good to