This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Missing codecvt specializations and <codecvt> header and a request for some guidance
- From: Rüdiger Sonderfeld <ruediger at c-plusplus dot de>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat dot com>
- Cc: John Schmerge <john dot schmerge at gmail dot com>, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 11:49:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: Missing codecvt specializations and <codecvt> header and a request for some guidance
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFU8mZWr0hORga1Bn_rhzNRBxnBa5mT7CopjKL25Q995k4o5dw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20141015094212 dot GD4197 at redhat dot com>
On Wednesday 15 October 2014 10:42:12 Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> Someone else wanted to contribute those conversion facets back in
> April, but never sent a patch:
> RÃdiger, what's the status of your codecvt implementation?
I didn't really have the time to work on it since then. IIRC the major point
was whether to implement the conversion or simply use iconv. Sadly I'm
currently rather busy myself and probably won't have time to further look into
it before December or maybe late November.