This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Possible improvement to std::list::sort
- From: Ivo Doko <ivo dot doko at gmail dot com>
- To: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 06:05:19 +0200
- Subject: Re: Possible improvement to std::list::sort
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <543474B2 dot 5000401 at gmail dot com> <87fvez8bnz dot fsf at fencepost dot gnu dot org>
On 2014-10-08 05:48, David Kastrup wrote:
Shrug. I've submitted an algorithm years ago that consistently
outperforms the standard list sort by about 30% on random lists.
Submitting working code will get you nowhere. If you want to have a
reasonable chance of adoption, you'll need to do all the work yourself
and submit a complete patch.
I'll kindly see myself out.