Re: Seeming g++-specific "feature deficit"...

Marc Glisse wrote:
So why not under gnu c++?

Because that is a non-standard function, obviously...
----
	So valarray isn't really part of the the
STL and that's why many STL functions won't work with
it?

http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/numeric/valarray
Look for "begin".
You can write begin(group) but not group.begin().

I can see I'd grouped valarray in with the STL
containers... and thought it was part of the same
paradigm.  I'm just beginning to see how much of the
STL  functions won't work on it...

Ick, I'll have to remember how much valarray doesn't
fit into the STL standard container group... it really
wasn't really that obvious how different it was from the
rest for someone just being introduced to all of them
at once.

Thanks!
L.