This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Seeming g++-specific "feature deficit"...
- From: "Linda A. Walsh" <gcc at tlinx dot org>
- To: libstdc++ <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2014 06:02:18 -0700
- Subject: Re: Seeming g++-specific "feature deficit"...
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <542F6960 dot 2050205 at tlinx dot org> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 11 dot 1410040836130 dot 3813 at stedding dot saclay dot inria dot fr>
Marc Glisse wrote:
So why not under gnu c++?
Because that is a non-standard function, obviously...
So valarray isn't really part of the the
STL and that's why many STL functions won't work with
Look for "begin".
You can write begin(group) but not group.begin().
I can see I'd grouped valarray in with the STL
containers... and thought it was part of the same
paradigm. I'm just beginning to see how much of the
STL functions won't work on it...
Ick, I'll have to remember how much valarray doesn't
fit into the STL standard container group... it really
wasn't really that obvious how different it was from the
rest for someone just being introduced to all of them