Re: Make string_view operations involving CharT* *not* noexcept and consistent beween string_view and string_view.tcc.

On 04/15/2014 03:06 PM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On 29/03/14 14:54 -0400, Ed Smith-Rowland wrote:
All,

In string_view I botched the noexcept specification of operations like find and friends with CharT* arguments.

I'm a little surprised the inconsistency between string_view and string_view.tcc didn't error. In fact, in one repo thats a little behind trunk it does. I'll continue to look after that issue separately.

I'm fixing this differently, by strengthening the exception specs as
Marc suggested. I haven't addressed Marc's other comments, but we
should do.

Tested x86_64-linux, committed to trunk.
Thanks,

The latest library fundamentals paper has a lot of changes coming - a lot of constexpr in the find type functions. Unfortunately, most of that will wave to wait until we get C++14 constexpr.

Also, if the built-in strlen is or could be made constexpr then all the char* ctors could be constexpr as well.