Re: [Patch] Whole regex refactoring and current status

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 5:34 PM, Paolo Carlini <paolo.carlini@oracle.com> wrote:
> That does not exactly make clearer what is missing and what already works.

For the function _M_eat_escape(), I can finish it in hours if I've
known what's missing and what already works. It's about reading
standards. I added a TODO just for indicating my future(reading) work.
Instead of documenting, I'll implement sooner.

> Yeah, I agree. To be honest, adding comments isn't the point of the patch,
> and the terse comment was already there. Still, I'm seriously concerned
> about post-GSOC: either Tim will be able to maintain single handedly the
> code (and likely complete it, since we are talking about a big project, eg,
> all the various basic, extended, awk, grep and egrep variants) or we want
> damn serious documentation everywhere... probably we want it in any case.

So turns out it's better to add `damn serious documentation`
everywhere. I think its OK and easy for me to maintain it after GSoC,
but there may be unpredictable accidents.

Should the most important documentation be implementation status? I
think for the core part(regex_automaton and regex_executor), there's
nothing more than classic algorithms(DFS and BFS, SSSP) and data
structures(Graph).

--
Tim Shen