Re: Re: Implement N3642 - User-defined Literals for Standard Library Types

On 05/31/13, Ed Smith-Rowland<3dw4rd@verizon.net> wrote:

 > 1. Put the precision first in upper case. As a matter of style I
> prefer 123456L to 123456l for normal literals anyway. Also, the
> precision snuggles next to the number - then you modify it. That seems
> logical to me. Also, if we involve <decimal> in this someday, those
> literals *have* to be all caps (for the old literals). It seems using
> lower case precision indicators for decimal would be inconsistent.

I must withdraw the comment about decimal literals needing to be all caps.  That's wrong.  The letters need to be all uppercase *or* all lowercase.  You can't have mixed case.

I'll shut up now and post this somewhere else.

Ed