Re: Improving --enable-libstdcxx-time

On 29 May 2013 00:03, Roland McGrath wrote:
> Version checks are pretty much always wrong.  It should use an empirical
> check on whether you can link a program calling clock_gettime without
> passing -lrt.

In principle I agree, but IIUC we can't do link tests for libstdc++
when building a cross-compiler, and the rule is that the same
configure flags should produce the same configuration for
cross-compilers as for native, so we can't do link tests by default
ever ... so we can't make use of your clock_gettime changes unless
users explicitly request them, which they don't do (because they
probably don't know about it.)