This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: 4.9 library ABI transition (was: string/list ABI changes)
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 19:15:19 +0200
- Subject: Re: 4.9 library ABI transition (was: string/list ABI changes)
- References: <50CC6665 dot 3080501 at oracle dot com> <513134CB dot 4040505 at redhat dot com> <5131CFEB dot 4010003 at oracle dot com> <51340959 dot 4010702 at redhat dot com> <519E4B45 dot 6060501 at redhat dot com>
Jason Merrill <firstname.lastname@example.org> ha scritto:
>Paolo, are you planning to work on this stuff? I'd really like to get
>this going ASAP so that it has time to mature before 4.9.
I understand, but frankly I don't feel like I understand the ABI strategy well enough. I'd rather prefer if say Benjamin could get the ball rolling with your help. Then I will be able to help for the rest of the work. For instance if you could show me in practice how you promote ext/vstring to basic_ string then I can certainly do the rest.