Re: 4.9 library ABI transition (was: string/list ABI changes)

Hi

Jason Merrill <jason@redhat.com> ha scritto:

>Paolo, are you planning to work on this stuff?  I'd really like to get
>this going ASAP so that it has time to mature before 4.9.

I understand, but frankly I don't feel like I understand the ABI strategy well enough. I'd rather prefer if say Benjamin could get the ball rolling with your help. Then I will be able to help for the rest of the work. For instance if you could show me in practice how you promote ext/vstring to basic_ string then I can certainly do the rest.

Paolo