Re: [patch] Default to --enable-libstdcxx-time=auto

Hi Jon,

On 05/22/2013 10:14 AM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
This alters the configure script to enable C++11 thread library
features based on targets that are known to support the features,
rather than based on link tests which are disabled by default.  With
Glibc 2.17 this enables a nanosecond resolution std::system_clock in
the default configuration, yay!

I've tested this on two versions of Fedora and Debian, but would be
grateful for test results on Solaris, Cygwin and BSD targets, and for
cross-compilers to any of those targets.

         * acinclude.m4 (GLIBCXX_ENABLE_LIBSTDCXX_TIME): Add KIND=auto to
         enable features if target OS is known to support them.
         * configure.ac (GLIBCXX_ENABLE_LIBSTDCXX_TIME): Default to 'auto'.
         * configure: Regenerate.

Tested x86_64-linux, committed to trunk.
Thanks a lot!

Could you please double check abi_check? On this glibc 2.17 machine I'm seeing:

1 incompatible symbols
0
_ZNSt6chrono12steady_clock3nowEv
std::chrono::steady_clock::now()
version status: incompatible
GLIBCXX_3.4.17
type: function
status: added

I'm going to try again, just in case I goofed something.

Thanks!