This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [PATCH] Backport r192458 to gcc-4_7-branch
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Evgeniy Stepanov <eugenis at google dot com>
- Cc: kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com, pavel dot v dot chupin at gmail dot com, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "libstdc++" <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 14:24:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Backport r192458 to gcc-4_7-branch
- References: <CAFKCwrjCkXSdgahWF=y6aOwJfF6hvdrySnVJmXdfQvLHfFcuUA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 14 May 2013 14:14, Evgeniy Stepanov wrote:
> this patch merges r192458 into gcc-4_7 to fix separate configure/build
> of libstdc++.
> A bit of history: a similar patch was committed to trunk & 4.7 back in
> Oct'12, then reverted from both, than this patch was committed to
> trunk only. I wonder if it was simply lost for some reason?
> Is it OK for backporting to 4.7?
I'd like to know what problem it solves and why it was reverted before
making that change on a stable release branch.