Re: operator== missing on std::__debug::map<>::iterator

On 11/12/12 13:45, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 5:53 AM, Pedro Larroy
<pedro.larroy.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm not discussing if the member operator== is correct or wrong, but
the code compiles fine in several C++ compilers and the only problem I
found was with libstdc++ in debug mode, my point is that it should
either compile or fail in both modes.
Why?

Surely it is better for users if we try to avoid inconsistencies between debug mode and non-debug mode which have no good reason for existence? Getting C++ programs to run on a variety of compilers and settings is complicated enough already, why not try to reduce the inconsistencies where possible, where there is no cost?

Chris