This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [v3, build] Clear hardware capabilities on libstdc++.so with Sun as
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Rainer Orth <ro at cebitec dot uni-bielefeld dot de>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 16:39:55 -0500
- Subject: Re: [v3, build] Clear hardware capabilities on libstdc++.so with Sun as
This patch is completely wrong and unacceptable because your test
applies too generally. Why, exactly, is it appropriate to assume that
the "-nH" assembler command line option means the same thing on all
systems and one wants to clear HW capabilities on all systems?
Because it is not appropriate and does not mean the same thing on AIX,
If you want to test the feature on Solaris, then test it on Solaris
and Solaris only.
Please fix this or revert it.