Re: Implementation of Type Properties

On 3 August 2012 01:01, Aditya Ramesh wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am curious as to when we can expect support for
> std::is_trivially_constructible, std::is_trivially_copy_constructible,
> std::is_trivially_move_constructible, and so on. I noticed that the
> implementations of the standard containers use the GNU C++ Type Traits
> Extensions, which do not quite have support for all of the required queries.
> I am guessing that support for these extensions requires cooperation from
> the GCC backend as well, but are there plans to implement them any time
> soon?

(N.B. G++ is the /front-end/, architecture-specific code generators
are the /back-end/)

I don't know if anyone's working on them yet, but they do rely on
compiler support and there are of course plans to implement them
eventually.

The usual answer is they'll be implemented sooner if someone helps and
does the work.