Re: const char* constructor overloads for stdexcept and system_error.

On 06/24/2012 07:25 AM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On 24 June 2012 04:57, Ed Smith-Rowland wrote:
Here is a beginning patch to add const char* constructors for the standard
exception classes.

I didn't bump the so version because I'm not positive how to do it. I tried
changing libtool_VERSION in acinclude.m4 and running the autotools commands.
  The diffs were very messy because my machine has autotools 1.11.3 rather
than 1.11.1.  Also, we might want to wait for something cooler to bump the
soname.
(CC'ing gcc-patches)

Could those new constructors be inline, avoiding the need for a new
file and version bump?
They certainly could be. I was just following the style of the existing implementation. The old string ctors were outline.
I'll make the new ctors inline and save some grief.

Built and regtested clean on x86_64-linux-gnu.

For some reason i needed two symbols for

Ed