Re: RFA: fix PR 51649

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 11:29:12AM +0100, Richard Guenther wrote:
> We're technically in regression-fixes-only mode.  We give target/language
> maintainers some extra freedom though - while C++/libstdc++ are considered
> release critical and thus should not regress at this point I'm less sure
> about all the pretty-printing stuff - it can't possibly break anything
> but debugging experience.

Well, even bad debugging experience problems would be very undesirable
if we generated wrong debug info and everybody compiled it into their
sources.  But pretty-printers stay on the side, it is just a matter of
updating the python scripts and there is no need to recompile already
compiled/linked programs/libraries.  So if properly tested, I think
this could go in.

	Jakub