This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [v3] proposed fix for libstdc++/49204 causes abi_check failure
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: "libstdc++" <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 14:09:41 +0000
- Subject: Re: [v3] proposed fix for libstdc++/49204 causes abi_check failure
- References: <CAH6eHdQVFG2Xv8rb8WNtQrCHLfJBoc1VMbX_bjqoxVwLc8nUFg@mail.gmail.com> <CAH6eHdRTL42Xr_GHPFqp0xjar+9KLZ+F5YeOwVD2+ky89vSyUA@mail.gmail.com> <4F194E99.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 20 January 2012 11:23, Paolo Carlini wrote:
>> Here's a different, partial fix for PR 49204, changing the timed waiting
>> functions to return future_status, but not returning
>> future_status::deferred, as that requires the ABI change detailed above.
>> This doesn't change the library ABI, but might still be too big a change for
>> 4.7 at this stage.
> I would be in favor of applying the patch.
OK, great, if I don't hear objections by Monday evening (London time)
I'll check it in.
Then I'd like to consider whether to apply the ABI-breaking part only
when the std::__7 versioned namespace and .so.7 lib are used.