This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [v3] proposed fix for libstdc++/49204 causes abi_check failure
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 12:23:05 +0100
- Subject: Re: [v3] proposed fix for libstdc++/49204 causes abi_check failure
- References: <CAH6eHdQVFG2Xv8rb8WNtQrCHLfJBoc1VMbX_bjqoxVwLc8nUFg@mail.gmail.com> <CAH6eHdRTL42Xr_GHPFqp0xjar+9KLZ+F5YeOwVD2+ky89vSyUA@mail.gmail.com>
Here's a different, partial fix for PR 49204, changing the timed
waiting functions to return future_status, but not returning
future_status::deferred, as that requires the ABI change detailed
above. This doesn't change the library ABI, but might still be too big
a change for 4.7 at this stage.
I would be in favor of applying the patch.