Re: building for embedded targets

Hey Gaby. Sorry for the delay.

> I can''t remember what our general policy is regarding
> builds that target embedded systems.  That is, if someone
> configures with --target=avr, what are we supposed to
> build?

Dunno if that is a valid target, assuming aliases to avr-elf?

Assuming this is a valid target, it will build all languages,
all runtimes that are supported.

>  Just libsupc++? or a bit of libstdc++ from
> chapter 18?  Based on newlib or based on AVR libc?

To get just libsupc++, use --disable-hosted-libstdcxx at configure time.

To force newlib, use --with-newlib.

Attached are my configure scripts for building arm-eabi and cris-elf,
which are the targets I usually build when testing cross compiles.

best,
benjamin