This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: ::gets has not been declared
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Tom de Vries <Tom_deVries at mentor dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, jason at redhat dot com, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 15:40:29 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: ::gets has not been declared
- References: <4F059229.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 5 Jan 2012, Tom de Vries wrote:
> My hunch is that this recent glibc change causes/triggers the error:
> [BZ #13528]
> * libio/stdio.h: Do not declare gets for ISO C11 and _GNU_SOURCE.
> I see this both on ARM and MIPS.
> Should I file this as a problem in gcc or glibc?
It's a bug in libstdc++ that it doesn't allow for headers that have
removed gets in accordance with C11. If the final C++11 still requires
gets in <cstdio>, despite it being removed in C11, that's probably also a
bug in C++11. (At least the most recent draft I have to hand still has
gets in <cstdio>.)
Joseph S. Myers