Re: [build] Move unwinder to toplevel libgcc (v2)

Paolo Bonzini <bonzini@gnu.org> writes:

>> Doesn't each multilib get its own build subdir?
>> Can't the file be copied there instead and thus get rid of this wart?
>
> It would need an additional per-multilib directory in the include
> path. It's simpler for now to leave it as is, and it will go away as soon
> as nothing in the gcc directory will need unwind.h.  Rainer has already
> removed countless dependencies between gcc and libgcc, adding one is not
> too bad.

The actual problem are not the runtime libraries, which already know to
search $builddir/.../libgcc for unwind.h and related files.  The
copyback is only for the benefit of the testsuite (gcc.target, g++.dg,
gnat.dg, and gcc.dg) where I was too lazy to deal with changing (or even
setting ) the include paths, but took the easy way out since gcc/include
is in the include path by default.

	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Center for Biotechnology, Bielefeld University