Re: Windows/MinGW extension: opening std::fstream with a wstring/wchar_t*

On 27 June 2011 21:19, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> to be really honest, I'm not sure I like the idea of adding all this code
> only to enable such an extension benefiting only Windows/MinGW. By the way,
> submitter himself noticed that subclassing is another viable option.

After reading the issue I find the rationale for closing 454 as NAD to
be quite convincing, a TR2 filesystem library would be a better
solution than adding constructors which are only present on some
platforms.

> At minimum, let's look forward some feedback from the maintainers of the
> Cygwin / MinGW ports...

I suppose the MinGW port could always add the code, so it doesn't need
to be in upstream GCC.