Re: using xlocale to implement std::locale class

On 05/04/2011 01:20 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
The messages facet is broken everywhere, including GNU/Linux. do_open() calls textdomain(), which sets the global message catalog domain, and do_get() calls gettext(), which uses the global message catalog domain.
Note that we have libstdc++/13631, about messages. It would be nice if you could comment on that audit trail thus saving the additional details in a convenient place.

Constructively, I would also encourage you to submit fixes, preferably of a sort not breaking the binary compatibility (otherwise, we can still look into the patches now, but would be targeted at the ABI breaking branch opened by Francois)

Thanks,