using xlocale to implement std::locale class

Are there any effort to handle std::locale class with xlocale(extended
locale support)? (here, xlocale.h has nothing to do with XLib' Xlocale.h)

I found a few people pointing out the possibities these couple of years,
but there are no codes in libstdc++ trees. Are there any difficulties,
or just not tried yet?

I am a navite linux programmers, but when I tried to port my code to
darwin(MacOSX), I found one can not create locale object other than "C"
locale. The libstdc++ seems to deal with darwin, so I would like to see
std::locale object working better on darwin.

--
   Takeshi Kobayakawa
   tskoba@tskoba.mydns.jp