Re: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/ext/lwg-defects.html

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, Alisdair Meredith wrote: k
> The numbered document references should continue to work, but as Paolo
> says, issues move from Active to Closed or Defect document as they are
> resolved.
>
> I have spent enough time on the road without guaranteed internet access
> to find the idea of packaging these up helpful - but of course, I have
> the master documents myself so this will rarely be an issue for me,
> personally!

I see two keys issues.  One is that libstdc++ constantly and consistently
ships old versions of these documents, thus my request to remove them from
the libstd++ documentation.  Paolo, Jonathan, any chance to do this for
GCC 4.7 now?

The other issue is is that they still contain a fair number of bad links
(some of which _seem_ to work, but are wrong and the server then guesses,
and incorrectly so in many cases, an address).

As I recommended a couple of months ago, running them through
  http://validator.w3.org/checklink/
really would help.  To give an idea

http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/lwg-closed.html

 - http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2010/n3215.html
   is http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2010/n3215.htm
   and right now following the link leads to a an incorrect page.

 - Same for http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2009/n2992.html

 - http://www.xs4all.nl/~nd/dekkerware/issues/n2772_fix lacks a trailing
   slash.

http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/lwg-defects.html

 - http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2009/n3025.html
   is broken.

 - http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/boost/1395763
   is broken.

 - http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/href is broken.

 - http://home.twcny.rr.com/hinnant/cpp_extensions/unique_ptr.html is
   broken.

 - http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/lwg-active.html#TC
   http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/lwg-active.html#RR
   http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/lwg-active.html#868
   ...all lead nowhere within the target page.

 - http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2009/n2939.html#uk300
   Ditto.

 - http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2009/n2984.html is
   incorrect, not sure which of the possible redirects it should be.

 Plus quite a number of redirects, several of which redirect to wrong
 pages as the server tries to guess the address.

Gerald