Re: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/ext/lwg-defects.html

Hi,
If these are just copied from the original site, can we please remove
that local copy?  More often than not we've not been up-to-date,
Well, normally we are up to date. For us being up to date means that all the entries in intro.xml point to the corresponding entry in one of the lwg-*.hml files in the form corresponding to our actual implementation in v3. If something happens at the ISO level about one of those entries *and* that is reflected in our implementation normally we import new lwg-*.html files.

Anyway, I didn't invent the concept of importing lwg-*.html files. I think the idea dates back to when people where supposed to download a v3 tarball and find it as self-contained as possible, without the need to access the internet while looking at the defects. If the other maintainers caring a lot about docs, eg, Benjamin, Jonathan, are Ok with the change I don't have a strong opinion either way. Note, however, that I can see at least a negative consequence: if the ISO web pages change, eg, often Defects are shuffled around from one lwg-*.html to another, then we have dead link in our intro.xml. Today this is very unlikely to happen, modulo stupid errors at import time (personally, I always carefully go through all the links in intro.xml and make sure that problem vs our imported files doesn't manifest itself, I manually adjust the links in intro.xml for that).