Re: libstdc++.exp patch

Hi,

> - I have added a 'file delete $exe' in debug more check target recently but in several other places there are 'remote_file build delete $exe', shouldn't I use the remote version instead ?

Actually, I think you are right. Some time ago other people (in particular Codesourcery contributors) spent quite a bit of time making sure that remote testing works and I think we should be careful not introducing regressions in this area. If you double checked already that we are using remote_file elsewhere the change is preapproved.

> - Many check targets are using a simple compilation process that could even be limited to the preprocessing stage. I think I am going to change the executable compile type in preprocess.
> - Most of the time we do not use the result of the build (compilation or preprocessing). Couldn't we give '/dev/null' as the output ? Is it portable enough ?

All I can confidently say is that both your ideas make a lot of sense to me. The former also reminds me that we should probably audit those tests for performance: I'm not at all sure we are caching the results when we can, and indeed that we do only preprocessing when it's strong enough. Well, I have also to remark that probably these cleanups aren't really recommended for Stage 3...

Paolo