Re: libstdc++.exp patch

On 11/16/2010 11:09 PM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
Hi,

This is a small patch I would like to apply

2010-11-16 FranÃois Dumont<francois.cppdevs@free.fr>

* testsuite/lib/libstdc++.exp (check_v3_target_debug_mode): Clean
built exe.
Looks good, thanks.

Paolo
Hi

I finally spent some more time on the the libstdc++.exp file and have several remarks about it:

- I have added a 'file delete $exe' in debug more check target recently but in several other places there are 'remote_file build delete $exe', shouldn't I use the remote version instead ?
- Many check targets are using a simple compilation process that could even be limited to the preprocessing stage. I think I am going to change the executable compile type in preprocess.
- Most of the time we do not use the result of the build (compilation or preprocessing). Couldn't we give '/dev/null' as the output ? Is it portable enough ?

Francois