Re: [patch] localization testing

On 09/12/2010 10:08 PM, François Dumont wrote:
> Hi
>
>       I noticed that all the localization tests were considered as
> unsupported on my platform despite I do have localization support. The
> problem was in the dg-require-namedlocale deja gnu extension. This
> proc consider that there is no localization support if any of the 24
> tested locales is missing and I have one missing. This patch change
> the behavior of this proc, now it takes the name of the locale to
> check  and only test this one. I have updated all tests to check for
> the required locale(s).
Heroic! Seriously, quite a bit of rather boring work, but the patch
indeed makes sense and it's an improvement. Personally, I was under the
impression that with many distros it's normally an all or nothing thing
(for instance was always the case for my personal machines), but
certainly isn't necessarily true.

Now, since you did all this work, I think we should definitely update
the documentation to reflect the improvement: can you also patch
doc/xml/manual/prerequisites.xml?

>       Tested under x86_64-linux. Some of the tests that was
> unsupported are now failing on my platform. Looks like  I am missing
> the libstdc++ catalog saying that please stands for 'bitte' in german
> and 's'il vous plaît' in french. I have also a problem with a monetary
> format in money_put/put/char/9780-3.cc, with glibc 2.11.1 I should
> have '-12.345.678,90 EUR ' but I have '-EUR  12.345.678,90'. Nothing
> that makes this patch invalid.
The last issue is weird, doesn't happen with 2.11.2 here, and apparently
nobody noticed anything so far. Can you investigate a bit further
independently of the present patch? We could also allow both forms, we
did something similar in the past...

Thanks!