Re: [v3] <regex> implementation foundation, version 3

On 06/23/2010 10:22 PM, Stephen M. Webb wrote:
> <regex> take 3.  The following have changed since version 2, at Paolo's
> request.
>
> o  Some static const data members have been converted to enums where
>    appropriate.
> o  Definitions have been added for other static const data members.
> o  Smaller member functions have been moved inline into the class
>    definitions (a few placeholders have been left as out of line because
>    their implementation is expected to be nontrivial and I am leery of
>    pointless code churn).
> o  Three more (xfailed) testcases.  More is better.

Excellent, thanks. As far as I'm concerned, I think we are *very* close
to the point of actually committing the code. Maybe Jon has more comments.

Only, since we have those three static constants - belonging to a non
template class, thus, correctly, in a *.cc file - we must actually add a
pattern to the linker script, otherwise we could as well take the risk
of leaving out the definitions for now. I don't have a strong opinion,
if the code works anyway (ie, doesn't take the address), and we are not
exposed to the user... The problem with new exports is that you cannot
go back, if you make a mistake... Whatever is ok with Jon is ok with me.