Re: regex patch

On 06/18/2010 07:32 PM, Stephen M. Webb wrote:
> (2) My autotools version is out of synch with the one used to generate the
> generated files.  Getting an exact match may take until next week.  Is it OK
> not to commit regenerated files?  What is the usual policy on this?

Personally, I'm up for starting committing things, in an incremental
way. Actually, that goes without saying, the only caveat is that even in
the first version things should be already quite solid from the point of
view of non-breaking the build on the whole range of supported targets.
In particular, please be always **very** careful with C library C99
facilities, which are *not* available everywhere.

Otherwise, I'm under the impression that Jon is following your work in
detail, I suppose he can also do some commits for you at first, in
particular taking care of regenerating files. Otherwise, please let me
know if you need my help too...

Thanks!