Re: [patch/libstdc++-v3] export long double versions of "C" math library on more platforms

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010, Paolo Carlini wrote:

> On 06/12/2010 12:59 PM, Matthias Klose wrote:
> > When libstdc++-v3 is built on a system running glibc-2.11 or newer, a
> > libstdc++.so.6 is built not exporting anymore the long double versions
> > of "C" math library.  For hppa-linux this is already taken care of.
> > The missing symbols were observed on arm-linux-gnueabi and
> > mips*-linux-gnu builds.  Joseph S. Myers mentioned on #gcc that more
> > platforms which did export these in the past should export these as
> > well.  It's not clear if the old ARM ABI should export these as well.
> > If the patch is accepted, it should go to the active branches as well.
> Thus, do I understand correctly that Joseph is OK with the arm bits of
> your patch? Which kind of practical evidence do we have about m68k,
> mips, and sh? At least, I would ask the maintainers to have a look...
> can you do that?

The platforms in question - ARM EABI, MIPS o32, ColdFire, SH 32-bit - are
the ones I listed on IRC as glibc platforms I know of where long double
has the same representation as double.  I noted that I don't know whether
this also applies to ARM old-ABI or SH64.  I don't see anything wrong with
the preprocessor conditionals as representing the conditions I gave,
although the ChangeLog reference to "not 32 bit" should be "32 bit" or
"not 64 bit" (and as I said, I don't know whether that 32-bit restriction
for SH is needed).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com