Re: unsafe STL patch

Thanks, it is a good workaround but I had plan to introduce this function in debug/functions.h:

 template<typename _Iterator>
 typename __siter_base<_Iterator>::iterator_type
 __base(_Iterator __it)
 { return __siter_base<_Iterator>::__b(__it); }

__base is easier to use through out the debug containers. But in this case the __iter_base declaration is not enough.

Do you have an other solution or I will be forced to write __siter_base<_InputIterator>::__b(__first) rather than __base(__first) everywhere ?

IMO including debug/debug.h from bits/stl_algobase.h is not clean. Why algos are managed differently from containers ? There should be a debug/algorithm header where we could put the __glibcxx_check_valid_range before calling the algo implementations. This way the debug mode would not be visible in the non debug part of the lib. The only problem would be that concept checks would be performed after instantiation of the debug version of algos in debug mode, would it really be a problem ?

Sorry but I haven't receive the form, I am experimenting issues with my mails recently. Can you try again ?

Bests