Re: Libstdc++ as DLL on windows, alternative approach [was Re: cygwin patch review]

Dave Korn wrote:
> [snip]

  YA test results:
      http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2009-11/msg02971.html

  Owing to imminent end of stage I guess I'll just have to check it in without
this part for which I haven't been able to get review in time:

> 	* gcc.c (LINK_COMMAND_SPEC): Allow and ignore -static-libstdc++
> 	similarly to -static.
>
> gcc/cp/ChangeLog:
>
> 	* g++spec.c (SKIPOPT): Delete.
> 	(lang_specific_driver): Do not skip -static-libstdc++ option.

  The end result won't be broken, the remaining parts of the patch will stand
alone, but it will lead to statically linked c++ code needlessly indirecting
through the cygwin dll malloc wrappers when it doesn't have to.  That's a
small inefficiency that can be solved whenever the patch can be approved.
It's also eminently suitable to go in as a separate patch anyway, since it
helps fix someone else's PR too.

    cheers,
      DaveK