Re: [patch] Fix PR python/10646. Add libstdc++ Python pretty-printers for -D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG cases.

Benjamin> Is there any chance we can get some additions about using
Benjamin> the python pretty-printers in the docs? I'm thinking on the
Benjamin> main debug page (see debug.gdb in file
Benjamin> doc/xml/manual/debug.xml), in the gdb section? I would also
Benjamin> like to see some mention of this on the
Benjamin> gcc-4.5/changes.html page, in the libstdc++ section.

Tom> Good idea, one of us will do this.

I asked Phil to look into it.

Benjamin> Cool. Don't know if libstdc++ docs are the place to put it, or if gdb
Benjamin> works better and we can just link to that.

The GDB manual describes how to use the feature once it is installed
("print", but also "print/r" to disable it) -- but not explicitly how to
install it.

I expect in the future most distros will follow what Fedora does and set
it up to "just work".  However, there are still folks who will have to
do it manually, so we ought to explain it to them in the libstdc++
manual.

At some point I want to package the printer as a python egg so that we
have a very simple install method for users who can use that.  My hope
is that we can make the non-distro install case a lot more seamless this
way.

Tom