Re: GCC 4.5 Status Report (2009-09-19)

Richard Guenther wrote:
> Status
> ======
>
> The trunk is in Stage 1.  Stage 1 will end on Sep 30th.

  Richard, I've got a patch for adding what I think (but may be wrong) counts
as a new feature - shared library libstdc++ as DLLs on windows platforms - and
it's been stuck in review limbo for two and a half months now, during which
time I have been repeatedly updating it, retesting it, and even fixed a couple
of minor bugs that cropped up in that time:

refs:   The original series of patches at
   [0/4]  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2009-07/msg01042.html
   [1/4]  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2009-07/msg01044.html
   [2/4]  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2009-07/msg01046.html
   [3/4]  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2009-07/msg01047.html
   [4/4]  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2009-07/msg01048.html
  and the various tweaked and updated respins at
  and test results at
          http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2009-07/msg01813.html
          http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2009-07/msg01814.html
          http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2009-08/msg03258.html
          http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2009-09/msg00291.html
          http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2009-09/msg00292.html
          http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2009-09/msg00644.html
          http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2009-09/msg01450.html

  We have ~48 hours left for stage 1 and I can't be confident of getting it
reviewed in the remaining time, so I'd like to make a special request: can
you, as RM, please say that this is OK in principle and that if I can get v3
approval (it already has all other necessary approvals) I can check it in
during stage 3 before we branch?

    cheers,
      DaveK