Re: C++0x library ABI

> 1) Any plans to move to non-refcounted strings at some point?

Yes. The plan is to switch std::string to ext/vstring, which was first
proposed and implemented on the libstdcxx_so_7-branch years ago. Frankly
I think we need to do this to be C++0x standards conformant,
specifically the requirements on string in C++0x.

> 2) LWG is moving this week to require container size() to be O(1),
> which is not true of our std::list.

FWIW, this has been a longstanding request by certain users. There are
certainly other changes to containers that are worth considering.

-benjamin