Re: Ping Re: Improve TLS link test for cross-compiling

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> On 07/14/2009 05:41 PM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > Ping.  This patch
> > <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2009-07/msg00139.html>  is pending
> > review.
>
> Are there any targets that support TLS but use anything but -shared to link a
> shared library, or that do not have -Wl,--no-undefined?  I'm thinking of
> Solaris with Sun as and ld especially.

If -shared -Wl,--no-undefined fails on a target, this patch does not
change the existing result that TLS is treated as available.  It only
changes the result if those options succeed when linking code not using
TLS but fail when linking code using TLS, while linking TLS code without
using those options succeeds.  Any other combination of results for
(linking TLS code without those options, linking non-TLS code with those
options, linking TLS code with those options) should be unaffected.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com