what the path is from memory.h to auto_ptr.h?

Hi all,
    The g++ error ('auto_ptr' is not a template) occured when I compiled
a c++ program which used auto_ptr. Surely I've solved this by adding the
header file<memory>. Meanwhile, I found the
file<c++/4.3/backward/auto_ptr.h> also works.

    It looks like that the file<memory> includes the
file<c++/4.3/backward/auto_ptr.h>.But when I open the file<features.h>
which is included in file<memory>,there is a mass of macros and files in
it.It's too difficult for me to continue the search...

    So here is the question:what the path is from memory.h to
auto_ptr.h? or what can I do to find it?

    Teaching how to fish is better than giving fish, so some referenced
documents  are better, but any suggestions will be appreciated. TIA.

Eric