Re: Split of tr1 and std random facilities and completion of latter

> I have questions remaining about efficient implementation of discard
> for the random number engines.  I would like a "10000" test for
> independent_bits and for seed_seq.  I'd like to take another look at
> some of the log2 math in generate_canonical.  But the system is quite
> usable now and these can be tweaked as necessary in the tree.
>

> I had some real fights with svn diff.  Which eventually won -
> probably by user error ;-).  So here is a generic diff and a change
> log.

Here's my stab a regenerating your patch.

I am testing this on darwin, results after lunch, and have finished
testing on x86_64. Looks good, one new fail:

testsuite/20_util/shared_ptr/thread/default_weaktoshared.cc

Uses -std=gnu++0x, but with the old mersenne_twister. Changing this to
mersenne_twister_engine gets into other issues, where number of
template parameters should be 12, not 14. Looking at N2798's
mersenne_twister_engine confirms. Thoughts?

-benjamin