Re: std random

> Of course, with libstdc++ symbols in the .so file are only a part of
> the exported interface, due to all of the inlined functions.  Do we
> have a way of segregating this likely-to-change functionality at the
> source level so that users will not accidentally use C++0x
> capabilities?

Yes.

C++0x is only enabled via -std=gnu++0x, -std=c++0x. Users have to be
proactive (use these flags) before this support is even visible.

> It may even make sense to distinguish between C++0x in the compiler
> and C++0x in the library, in the sense that I might want to use C++0x
> language features without using C++0x library features, for users who
> want to preserve the ability to link with older libstdc++.

Linking 4.4.0 g++ code with an older libstdc++ is not, and has never
been, supported. If I'm reading you correctly... this is certainly not
something to be encouraged. Perhaps I've not understood you.

?

best,
-benjamin